Influential people in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu state have expressed worry over the alleged abandonment of multiple constituency projects attracted by former Senate President Ike Ekweremadu and other National Assembly (NASS) members from the area.
The people, including traditional rulers, town union presidents and others, spoke during the presentation of the Awgu Community Constituency Project Tracking Report (2015–2018) where they spoke on how a project for the “Maintenance of Youth Development Centre” at Nsulu Games Village, worth N10 million, got abandoned.
According to them, “Nothing was done about the project after site clearance, even when some of the projects were indicated to have been completed.
Other failed and abandoned projects in the area include a N30 million Ogbuma Rural Road. The project was captured twice by a government agency and ministry at N30 million each. Only about 10 per cent work was done.”
They also listed other ill-fated projects to include Mgbowo Rural Road, Obuofia Ololi Erosion Control, Omuowo Junction–Amata Itukwu Erosion Control and Completion of Erosion Control at Umuhu Owelli. Mr Azinkpali said that his people were unhappy with the number of abandoned projects, which were claimed to have been completed in the area. He said that the community did not have any presence of completed projects.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group