The Special Adviser (SA) on Media and Publicity to the Senator representing Cross Central Senatorial District, Modlin Odu has said that, over 500 vulnerable families in the senatorial district have been penned down to benefit from Palliatives.
FACT SHEET OF SENATOR SANDY ONOR’S ONE YEAR IN OFFICE.
Sen. Prof. Sandy Ojang Onor was inaugurated into office precisely on June 12, 2019. Of the 11 months and two weeks he has spent in office as Senator representing Central Senatorial District, 8 months have been spent judiciously in moving and supporting valid motions; a primary responsibility, one of which led to the deployment of a Mobile Police Squadron to Boki following the Insecurity in the area and his call for Police Barracks. The remaining 4 months have been affected by the global pandemic which halted activities everywhere in the World until recently when measures of managing the deadly virus was introduced.
To His Credit includes;
-The Bill for an Act to establish Advanced Health Care Development Fund which has passed Second Reading is sponsored by Sen. Prof Sandy Ojang Onor.
-Institute of Technology and Management, Ugep is now officially enlisted in TETFUND as one of its beneficiary institutions by Sen. Prof Sandy Ojang Onor.
-There is an ongoing road construction and Erosion control project in Biajua, Boki Local Government Area, a leftover of his predecessor being facilitated by Sen. Prof Sandy Ojang Onor.
– Job opportunities given to many in different places both in Private organizations and federal parastatals including UNICAL not forgetting those who were on scholarship even before he became a Senator and those who are currently beneficiaries. I have not been instructed to publish names.
-500 vulnerable families have been penned down to benefit from Palliatives. This is away from the ones who have received cash assistance on individual basis since the Covid-19 pandemic broke and it is not part of his duties as a Legislator but out of love and concern for his constituents.
Construction and maintenance of roads and culverts, building of schools, hospitals, job creation e.t.c are issues to be moved in motions and captured in budgets by a Legislator but the responsibility of executing all these rest solely on the Executive Government. Any legislator that can do any or all of these does so based on his or her personal capacity.
Importantly, Sen. Sandy Ojang Onor like every other Senator voted into office in 2019 is not operating on allocation from budgets yet. No matter how fertile a woman is, she needs a man to impregnate her if she must bear a child. We are disposed to being held accountable and constructively criticized in other to serve better.
S.A On Media And Publicity To The Senator (CSD)
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )