Senator Smart Adeyemi from Kogi Weest has set to bring new development in the Nigerian senate chamber.
The senator has set to bring in the Mosaic Law, saying that no one will steal if hands are cut off.
The senator insists that the law will discourage people from stealing. According to the senator, if the hands of those in public offices in the country are cut off, they will not steal.
Adeyemi stated his intention on Saturday, October 3, during a retreat for the senate press corps in LOkoja, Kogi State.
The lawmaker stated that once a few persons are used as scapegoats, others will desist from the act of stealing.
What am I talking about? Let us confront corruption. Very soon, I am coming back to the chamber to bring bills on ICPC and EFCC. I want us to introduce Mosaic Law, what you call Sharia law.”
“By the time you cut the hands of 10, 20 people in this country, nobody will want to steal again.”
“By the time you say two, three people should face serious punishment, if you say that is too harsh, let us have mechanized agriculture of about 200 to 250 acres, once you are involved in corruption, you will spend your life farming for us.” He said.
Senator Adeyemi said he pray for Nigeria to be great, for it to be a country that his children will be happier to be from that he is.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )