President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, allegedly appointed a dead person into the board of one the federal government agencies.
Chief Tobias Chukwuemeka Okwuru is one of the member-nominees (Ebonyi State) in Buhari’s letter to the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan.
The president in the letter to Lawan, requested for Okwuru’s confirmation by the Senate as a board member of the Federal Character Commission (FCC).
However, according to the Daily Sun, the appointee died on February 27, 2020.
It would be recalled that Buhari in December 2017, included no fewer than eight deceased persons in a list of new appointments into the governing boards of agencies and parastatals.
Some of the names then included Late Reverend Christopher Utova, Late Senator Francis Okpozo and Late Chief Donald Ugbaja.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group