A Hero dog in Thailand named Ping Pong is being hailed in the Asian country for helping save the life of a newborn baby after the infant’s 15-year-old mother tried to hide the birth by burying the boy alive.
Ping Pong, who has only three working legs, was seen scratching at some dirt alongside a farmer’s field in Korat, located in the northeastern part of the Asian country on Wednesday.
Ping Pong’s owner Usa Nisaika went to check the commotion and found an infant’s leg poking up from where the dog was scratching.
The infant has been deemed healthy and police have arrested his 15-year-old mother on suspicion of attempted murder.
Usa said his dog – which only has three working legs having been hit by a car when he was younger – was a ‘hero’.
‘I have had Ping Pong since he was born and he has always been very loyal and obedient.
‘When he was younger a car hit him and his back leg was injured. He cannot use it but he still helps me when I’m herding cows.
‘Everybody in the village is amazed by what he has done now. He is a hero because he saved the life of the baby.’
The teenage mother was arrested a day after the attempted murder.
She purportedly told police she was trying to hide the birth because she was afraid her parents would be angry at her.
Her parents have offered to take the baby boy but authorities have not agreed to it yet, The Daily Mail reported.
Credit: The Daily Mail.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution