The police in Delta state have uncovered six assault rifles in a church building located in Okwe community in Asaba, the state capital.
The state Commissioner for Health, Hafiz Inuwa, who disclosed this today June 27, said Freeman Eze, a community vigilante and the pastor of the church, Christ Holy Church International, claimed the weapons were procured for the protection of the church.
Inuwa explained that the police raided the church following a tipoff.
“When we got our intelligence on June 23, we just swoop into the area where Christ Holy Church campground is situated in Okwe. We swoop into that place and got one vigilante by name Freeman Eze arrested. Eze is not from Delta State.
However during the course of our interrogation and investigation at the scene, we were able to recover six assault rifles because pump-action rifles are now a prohibited firearm” he said.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022