Show Evidence I Collected Bribes, Enrich Myself — Magu Challenges Malami
The suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has asked the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) Abubakar Malami, to present evidence that he (Magu) fraudulently enriched himself and also collected bribes to shield suspects from prosecution.
Mr Magu challenged Mr Malami while responding to a query by a presidential probe panel investigating allegations of corruption and official misconduct made against him by the AGF.
Last week, Mr Malami announced Mr Magu’s suspension following President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval.
Mr Magu is currently being investigated by a panel headed by Ayo Salami, former president of the appeal court, over allegations of corruption and insubordination levelled against him by Mr Malami.
He was detained for about 10 days before his release.
After his arrest, allegations that Mr Magu diverted billions of naira from recovered funds, as well as the interests accruing from the funds, were circulated and published on various media platforms.
In Mr Magu’s response, seen by Premium Times, he denied “vehemently and unequivocally” that suspects sought ways to bribe him or other EFCC investigators as alleged by the AGF.
“This false allegation is most unfortunate, spiteful, malicious and intended to cruelly destroy my hard-earned reputation,” the official said. “Contrary to the allegations contained in paragraph (A-5X) of the petition, I know as a fact and verily believe that not a dime of the recovered funds was fraudulently converted to my personal… I challenge my accuser to produce evidence of such fraudulent conversion.”
Mr Magu said the claim by Mr Malami that he (Magu) received several petitions alleging he is abusing his office and has been enriching himself, “is not surprising as he is bound to step on toes in the discharge of his duties and some of those he has charged for corruption or who are being investigated for same are bound to fight back”.
“I have never abused the office I am occupying at the pleasure, Mr President. I have never personally enriched myself whilst performing my official function. I challenge my accuser to produce any evidence of this purported personal enrichment,” he said.
He also denied that he converted foreign currencies recovered from suspects to naira.
“The EFCC has always reported, as a matter of standard practice and procedure, foreign currency discovered and not their naira equivalent,” he said.
– Premium Times
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- BREAKING!! Plot To Arrest And Detain Oshiomhle Thickens
- World Hepatitis Day: C-River Govt To Conduct Free Screening
- My Experience When I Visited A Hospital Amid COVID-19 Pandemic — Ubi Franklin Reveals
- OH NO!! 25-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Dumped Him For Another Man
- HELLO GUYS!! If You Don’t Stop Doing These 9 Terrible Things, Your Woman Will Cheat On You (Especially No. 1,3 & 7)
Share this post with your Friends on