A 35-year-old commercial motorcyclist identified as Tunde Adedeji, was on Friday crushed to death by a hit-and-run driver.
The accident occured along Ondo/Ore road, few meters from Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo town in Ondo West Local Government area of Ondo State.
According to eyewitnesses, the accident, which claimed Adedeji’s life, also affected six others who sustained minor injuries.
The deceased, who hailed from Odojomu in Ondo town was conveying his passenger when he met his untimely death.
Men of the Federal Road Safety Corps in Ondo, were said to have rushed to the scene, after they got distress calls from residents of the area.
The unit commander in Ondo town, Asst. Corps Commander, Olarewaju Adeyemi, said the car rammed into two motorcycles, cleared them away from the road and thereafter crushed the deceased.
“Seven people were involved, four of them were seriously injured, with one life lost, while other people sustained minor injuries.
“Those that sustained injuries have been taken to the Truma Center, while the corpse of the deceased has been deposited at the General Hospital mortuary in the town.
“The two bikes that were involved were Red Boxer Bajaj with plate number :KTP 202 EU and NND 410 QB.”
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company