The police in India have arrested six Nigerians in East Jaiñtia Hills bringing the total number of foreign nationals arrested to nine within a space of two days.
The Nigerians are identified as Thomson Nwafama, 29, Chijioke Obiacha, 28, Desmond Uzochkwu, 25, Okoliegbe Henry Onyedika, 33, Okeke Justin, 32, and Chukwunyere Christian, 30.
Vivekanand Singh, the superintendent of police at East Jaiñtia Hill said that the six Nigerians travelling by night bus from Silchar to Guwahati, were detected and detained for interrogation. He said, “They admitted that they had travelled from Africa to Bangladesh on visas issued by competent authorities but had illegally entered India near Agartala on Friday.”
From Agartala, they travelled by car to Silchar, and were assisted by residents of both Bangladesh as well as India, he added. A case was registered at Lumshnong police station under the Foreigner’s Act.
On Friday, three foreign nationals were detained and arrested in the same district and also booked under the Foreigner’s Act. The modus operandi adopted by the three one from Ivory Coast and two from Nigeria to enter India was the same as the one adopted by the six Nigerians.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution