Sixteen governors elected on the platform of the PDP are expected to storm Akure, the Ondo State capital on Wednesday, for the grand finale of the party’s campaign ahead of this Saturday’s governorship election in the state.
The PDP governors said the event would itself dispel claims in some quarters that they were not united behind the party’s candidate for the election, Eyitayo Jegede.
There were reports that the governors were not on the same page ahead of the poll.
But the Director-General of the PDP Governors Forum, C.I.D. Maduabum, in a statement yesterday, said, “The PDP Governors are fully aware of the importance of the Ondo election to the image, solidarity and fortunes of the PDP as a political party.
“The Governors are in no doubt that any division in its ranks will be counter-productive to PDP, her candidate and its quest to restore democracy, good governance and accountability not only in Ondo State but Nigeria at large,” he added.
Similarly, addressing a press conference yesterday in Abuja, the Secretary, Publicity Sub-Committee of the PDP National Campaign Council for the Ondo state governorship election, Kola Ologbondiyan, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to guarantee credible poll in the state.
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line