Some troopers had been dislodged when the Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA), a faction of Boko Haram sect, invaded Gudumbali, Guzamala native authorities house of Borno state, on Friday.
Channels Television quoted a resident as saying the attackers looted meals objects and carted away gun vans belonging to the Nigerian army.
It is the third time in three months that the village will come beneath assault.
TheCable understands that a number of of the troopers affected throughout the operation are at current taking refuge at a military location in Damasak, a close-by metropolis.
“Our troops have been dislodged in Gudumbali, and even Kukawa,” considered one of many troopers throughout the theatre command knowledgeable TheCable on Sunday morning.
While the military talked about it has intensified efforts to complete the assaults, Abubakar Elkanemi, shehu of Borno, simply currently talked about the people of the state are nonetheless beneath the insurgents’ siege.
“Nobody can dare move out of Maiduguri by 10 kilometres without being confronted, attacked by Boko Haram,” he had talked about when President Muhammadu Buhari visited ultimate month.
“Quite a number of farmers are being killed and kidnapped on a daily basis around Molai General Area, which is just 10 kilometres away from the metropolis, along Maiduguri -Damboa -Biu road.”
Sani Usman, spokesman of the Nigerian army, did not reply to TheCable’s inquiries on the latest assault.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager