Some Facts About Sunday Igboho’s Case In Benin Republic, And How Nigerian Government Failed To Prove Any Case Against Igboho
1. Oloye Sunday Igboho was not caught with Beninese passport, but original Nigerian passport. It was the interpol in Benin that intercepted him on the order of Nigeria that declared him wanted for committing no crime.
2. Oloye Sunday Igboho’s wife, Mrs Ropo Adeyemo is a German citizen; Court has released her and allowed her to continue her journey
3. Nigeria went to Benin Republic with an helicopter without landing petmin, to fly Sunday Igboho to Abuja, same way they invaded his home on the 1st of July without any court order,. The government of Benin sent them back to Abuja
4. Nigeria is unable to prove a case against Oloye Sunday Igboho. They told Benin court that they wanted Sunday Igboho for gun running and causing problems in Nigeria – no evidence.
5. Benin Republic has given Nigeria 20 days to come back with evidences that Igboho committed any crime that deserves him being returned to Nigeria
6. Benin Republic has no extradition agreement with Nigeria
7. By Monday the 29th, Oloye Sunday Igboho will be in court and may be on his way to Germany after all.
© Maiyegun General