Some top government aides in Edo State have dumped the State Governor Godwin Obaseki and declared their support for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the forthcoming governorship election.
The aides, including, the Special Assistant to the Assembly Speaker on Security Matters Hon. Joe Okonigene, and Hon. Aimiolemen Noah Idemudia, also known as Paddy Noah, the Special Assistant to Ikoba Okha Local Government, left the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, with thousands of youths in the state.
This was contained in a statement to DAILY POST on Tuesday by Prince John Mayaki, the Chairman Edo State APC Media Campaign Council.
NEWS: Nasarawa: Gov Sule speaks on ‘rift’ with Senator Al-Makura
He said the aides and their supporters announced their resignation from the government on Tuesday at a meeting with Ize-Iyamu.
He said the former government officials led thousands of their supporters, who are mainly youths under the aegis of Edo Collective, to Ize-Iyamu’s residence where they declared their support.
Hon. Agomini Babatunde Martins and the President. Barr. Hope Iyare were the other leaders of the Edo Collective group who were present at the event, according to him.
The statement added that Ize-Iyamu thanked them for their support and reiterated his commitment to fulfilling the youth empowerment and employment creation promise of his manifesto.
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company
- Recent Vacancies at Sumehck Foam Industries Limited
- Recruitment For Graduate Interns at Henkel