Femi Fani-Kayode, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has reacted to the decision by President Muhammadu Buhari government to slam charges bordering on treasonable offence on Omoyele Sowore.
The Federal Government had last week filed seven counts charge of treasonable felony and money laundering against the detained activist and Convener of #RevolutionNow protest.
Sowore, a presidential candidate in the February 2019 presidential election, was charged along with Olawale Bakare, also known as Mandate.
In his reaction, Fani-Kayode pointed out that former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan were the most insulted Presidents in Nigeria’s history, yet they never arrested or imprisoned anyone.
According to Fani-Kayode, “Other than @GEJonathan there is no President that has been as “insulted” by members of the then opposition as Obasanjo.
“I served in his Government and we NEVER arrested anyone for ‘insulting’ the President let alone detain or charge them to court. Nigeria has reached a new low!”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution