Stingy Men Association: 18-Year-Old Girl After Quarrel Set Boyfriend On Fire
The police apprehended an 18-year-old girl, whose name was withheld, after she allegedly set her boyfriend ablaze in the Wadata area of Makurdi town after a quarrel.
Vanguard gathered from an eyewitness that when the victim was fast asleep, the teenage girl performed the dastardly act on Monday morning at approximately 2 am.
According to him, the victim’s loud scream attracted the attention of neighbors who rushed to assist him, but he had suffered a lot of burns already.
He said, “The neighbors rushed him immediately to the nearby Makurdi Federal Medical Centre, FMC, where he had been admitted for treatment.”
When contacted, Catherine Anene, Deputy Superintendent, DSP, the State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, who confirmed the incident, said that the 18-year-old poured petrol around the one-room apartment of the victim before setting it on fire.
“We have no idea why she did that yet. We still have to question her, but I can confirm that she was arrested and taken into our custody.
The incident occurred today (Monday) at 2:00 am on Zaki Biam Street in Wadata. We’re going to let you know further details,’ said the PPRO.
This latest incident comes just a few weeks after a 40-year-old man, known as Nicodemus Nomwange, set himself and his girlfriend, Shiminenge Pam, ablaze in Makurdi town’s high-level region. And a young woman also allegedly set her lover ablaze in his residence on Shaahu Road in Gboko town during the same period.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom