Super Eagles defender, Ola Aina, has said he is not surprised that the Nigeria Football Federation and English Football Association, are battling for Tammy Abraham.
Aina and Abraham were key members of the Chelsea side that won the UEFA Youth League in 2015 and 2016.
But the fullback has stressed that he will not go out of his way, to convince his former teammate to commit his international future to Nigeria.
Aina himself notched up at least 35 appearances for England youth teams, before switching his international allegiance from England to Nigeria.
“I talk to him about it but I’m never the one to push someone to make a decision.
“He’s aware of it, I’m aware of it, we’ve spoken about it, joked about it, eventually it’s up to him.
“He does have a fair chance of getting into the England squad so it’s whatever he feels in his heart is right to do.
“He’s a fantastic player so I’m not surprised Nigeria and England are trying to fight for him,” Aina told London News Online.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021