Former Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha has felicitated Sen. Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress (APC) over the Supreme Court ruling declaring him the winner of the 2019 governorship election in the State.
The Supreme Court nullified election of Emeka Ihedioha of the PDP as the governor of the state and declared Uzodinma winner of the governorship election held in Imo.
It ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to withdraw the certificate of return from former Governor Emeka Ihedioha and issue Uzodinma with certificate of return as governor of the state.
Delivering the judgment, Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun said the votes due to Uzodinma and APC from 318 polling units were wrongly excluded and should be added.
However, Okorocha, who is representing Imo West Senatorial zone at the National Assembly, said he would support Uzodinma’s government to succeed in Imo.
Okorocha, who disclosed this through a statement issued to NAN by his media aide, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, said the judgment represented the choice of Imo people.
“I want to congratulate Hope Uzodinma for his victory at the Supreme Court and we will all work together to ensure that his government succeeds.
“This is an indication of a new hope in Imo, everybody must remain calm and watch Uzodinma unfold what he has for Imo,” Okorocha said.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group