The federal government will from midnight Friday enforce a partial closure of the Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos State, for scheduled rehabilitation work to ensure that the major transportation facility does not collapse completely.
Minister of Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, who confirmed this at a briefing in Abuja on Tuesday, called on motorists in Lagos to be patient with the repairs.
Mr Fashola acknowledged that the closure will lead to hardship in the short term but explained that there was no other way to carry out the maintenance work without closing the bridge.
He added that it was better to bear six months of work and closure than to allow the bridge to collapse, a development that would take years to fix.
According to him, the maintenance work will last from July 2020 to January 2021.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group