Former Super Eagles defender, Taribo West, has claimed he was sent packing from AC Milan by ‘The Mafia’.
West joined The Rossoneri from city rivals Inter Milan in December 1999.
He made just four appearances, before he was sent on loan to Derby County.
In an interview with ScoreNigeria, West said Italian mafia could not accept the fact that an African defender would play ahead of their Italian club legends Allesandro Costacurta, Paolo Maldini and Franco Baresi.
“The Mafia would do anything in their powers to make sure I was done with at Milan.
“They cooked a vicious story in the press that I was injured in the desperate bid to send me out of Milan.
“The doctors were bribed to say I was injured, but it was a lie. They did that because they felt it was unthinkable for an African player to take the place of those three aging defenders.
“Liverpool came with an offer, but at the end of the day, I had to settle for Derby County,” West said.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution