Cristiano Ronaldo has accepted a £17m fine after pleading guilty to tax fraud in Madrid on Tuesday morning.
The judge denied Ronaldo’s request to appear by video or enter the building by car and arrived at the courthouse with his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez.
His lawyers had argued that given his fame, avoiding the main entrance was needed for the player’s security.
Ronaldo spent around 45 minutes in court and, after formally accepting the deal offered by prosecutors, signed the agreement to pay the huge fine.
The deal, agreed in advance, includes a 23-month jail sentence.
But in Spain, convicts do not usually do time for sentences under two years.
The charges are from his nine years at Real, whom he left for Italian club Juventus last summer.
MySportDab report Prosecutors accused him of four counts of tax fraud from 2011-14 worth 14.7m euros (£12.9) and using shell companies outside Spain to hide income made from image rights.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021