A 28-year-old commercial motorcyclist popularly known as Okada rider has lost his life in an accident that occurred at Shagari village in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
The Okada rider, who was simply identified as Alfa by residents of the community, died on the spot upon an impact with an oncoming vehicle.
According to an eyewitness, the late Alfa was said to be heading to Agbogbo area of the town while the vehicle was on his way to Oluform.
He added that the deceased who was on a top speed suddenly ran into an oncoming vehicle, which reportedly hit him, this leading to his death.
It was gathered that the two passengers he picked who had been rushed to a nearby hospital were critically injured
At the scene of the accident, sympathizers could not hold back their tears as the lifeless body of the deceased was seen lying on the ground with his intestine gushed out from his body.
Men of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, who arrived at the scene to evacuate the corpse described the incident as unfortunate.
They advised motorists and Okada riders to be more careful and always adhere to traffic rules and regulations.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc