Tears Flow As 17 Young Men Die In A Car Accident On Their Way Back From A Friend’s Wedding [Photos]
For a recently married couple, a beautiful day has turned into a sad day after they lost 17 of their wedding guests while returning from the wedding.
According to reports, the accident happened on Saturday evening, June 5, when they were driving back to Kano after attending a friend’s wedding in Zaria, Kaduna state.
When the deadly collision occurred near the Zaria-Kano highway, the victims were riding in a Kano Line bus and a RAV 4 automobile. It’s been suggested that some of them are siblings.
READ ALSO 👇
- BREAKING!! Again, General Overseer of Redemption Ministries, Stephen Akinola Is Dead
- BREAKING!! Prophet T.B. Joshua Is Dead
- BREAKING!! Five Persons Confirmed Dead As Heavy Gunshots Rock Owerri
Sheriff died on the spot, along with 11 other victims, according to Sadiq Abdullahi, a friend of one of the deceased, Umar Abba-Sheriff, who confirmed the incident. The remaining six victims died in the hospital.
Eight of them, according to Abdullahi, were from the Sani Mainagge region of the state’s Gwale Local Government Area.
The bodies of seven of the victims were laid to rest at Yan Hayis Cemetry in Sani Mainagge Quarters around 8 a.m. on Sunday, June 6. Meanwhile, Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje expressed his condolences to the 17 young men’s families.
Ganduje expressed his grief over the murder of the young guys in a statement signed by Abba Anwar, the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary.
“Their death came as a shock to us,” he added in a statement. This is a big loss not just to their families and the people of Sani Mainagge, Gwale local government, where they came from, but to all of us in Kano state, the government and the people,”
“Only Allah can forgive them abundantly,” the Governor remarked, claiming that the accident was an act of Allah alone. As a result, we are praying to Allah Almighty for Jannatul Fiddaus to be granted to them. He prayed, “May He pardon their wrongdoings and provide their families the strength to face the loss.”
“I am, therefore, commiserating with their families, residents of Sani Mainagge, Gwale local government, friends, and well-wishers on behalf of the government and people of Kano state. Our job is to keep praying for the souls who have passed on. “Allah is Great.” he continued.
See Photos Below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates