Tension in Kogi as Masked hooded security men attack Makinde’s hotel in Lokoja, shoot sporadically
Information reaching us from Lokoja, the Kogi State capital confirmed that some armed and masked security men who appeared in police uniforms attacked the hotel where the Governor of Oyo State, Engineer Seyi Makinde, lodged in Lokoja, Kogi State, on Friday.
Makinde is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Kogi state Campaign Council.
He is in Kogi in his capacity as the Chairman of that Council.
Eyewitnesses confirmed that the hooded security operatives arrived the Suitorial Hotels, Lokoja, along Stadium Road, where the Governor and some members of the PDP Campaign Councul were lodged at about 12.50 p.m., shooting sporadically.
Some of the hooded security operatives scaled the fence of the Hotel and attempted to gain entrance into the main Hotel, the eyewitnesses confirmed.
But a number of security operatives attached to the Governor and some residents of nearby buildings, however, resisted the security operatives, thereby causing a melee.
Information confirmed that the hooded Policemen came in about 100 vehicles and were said to have been led by the officer-in-charge of one of the Arms of the Nigerian Police Force in Kogi State.
An eyewitness at the scene of the incidence said: “They came fully armed and hooded. Some of them scaled the fence of the Hotel and made to enter the Hotel proper. But pandemonium ensued, as there was commotion between security operatives attached to the Governor and the invaders.
“However, some residents in the neighbourhood of the Hotel soon mobilised and joined the Governor’s security to resist the invaders.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021