Tension, Unrest In Kastina As Bandits Killed 50 In Fresh Attack
At least 50 persons are feared dead following a fresh attack on Kadisau town in Faskari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
Channels TV gathered that the bandits who were armed with sophisticated weapons arrived in the town at about 4:30 pm on Tuesday riding on over 100 motorcycles.
The attack happened hours after residents of Yantumaki Town in Danmusa Local Government Area of the state took to the streets to protest the rising insecurity particularly kidnapping in their area, following the abduction a man along with his daughter in the early hours of Tuesday.
Security operatives reportedly came to the aid of the residents about three hours after the attackers had left at about 6:00 pm.
The spokesman of the Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah was yet to respond to inquiries as at press time.
It could be recalled that on Sunday last week, the 55-year-old chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Batsari Local Government Area of the state, Abdulhamid Mamman Sani, was killed by bandits after he resisted them from kidnapping him.
In the meantime, no fewer than 12 district heads operating in the eight Frontline Local Government Areas of Katsina state have reportedly threatened to run away from their respective communities.
Drawn from Batsari, Dandume, Danmusa, Faskari, Jibia, Kankara, Sabuwa and Safana LGAs, the affected district heads have visited the emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir Usman on Monday to lament the renewed bandits attacks bedevilling their respective communities.
A member of the Katsina Emirate Council told Channels Television that the unhappy district heads informed the emir that their lives are in great danger in recognition of the fact that it was just last week that their counterpart in ‘Yantumaki town of Danmusa LGA of the state, Alhaji Atiku Maidabino was killed by bandits.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Gal Pissetzky: 5 Things To Know About Hushpuppi’s Lawyer
- Boundary Dispute: Ikom Council Chairman Sues For Peace Between Warring Communities
- EXPOSED!! How Pastor Bought N573m Property In Dubai ‘On Behalf Of Magu’
- It’s Unfair To Parade Me Like A Common Criminal — Magu Cries Out
- EFCC: Magu Sold Seized Assets To Associates, Human Rights Lawyers – Fayose
Share this post with your Friends on