The accuser of musician, Oladapo Oyebanjo aka D’Banj of rape, Ms Seyitan Babatayo has written a letter to the police withdrawing her petition.
Recall that the Force Public Criminal Investigations Department FCID has been investigating the allegation on the directive of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu.
Also read: Senate passes new bill, says no gender bias, man or woman can be raped
Sources confirmed to Vanguard that after despatching detectives to Lagos to investigate the claim, the Police was unable to establish a case of rape against the musician,
According to a letter to the IGP dated July 17, 2020, sent by her lawyer, Olamide Omileye, Seyitan she was withdrawing from the case for personal reasons.
The letter to the IGP said,
“We hereby officially notify you of our client’s intention to withdraw and discontinue her petition against Mr Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo aka D’Banj for personal reasons.
“Our client further humbly applies that the investigation and all other action that is currently being carried out by the police with respect to the statement.”
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Admin) at Force Criminal Investigations Department, Umar Sanda, said the investigation into the allegation hs discontinued due to lack of evidence.
His response said,
“In view of the foregoing facts, the investigation was discontinued as no substantial evidence to prove the allegation of rape against the suspect.”
Recall that Seyitan had accused D’Banj of raping her in a Lagos in December 2018, an allegation which D’Banja has denied severally.
The post Police clear D’Banj of rape charge, as Seyitan withdraws petition for ‘personal reasons’ appeared first on Vanguard News.
Source: Vanguard News
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022