Police Clear D’Banj Of Rape Charge, As Seyitan Withdraws Petition For ‘Personal Reasons’
The accuser of musician, Oladapo Oyebanjo aka D’Banj of rape, Ms Seyitan Babatayo has written a letter to the police withdrawing her petition.
Recall that the Force Public Criminal Investigations Department FCID has been investigating the allegation on the directive of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu.
Also read: Senate passes new bill, says no gender bias, man or woman can be raped
Sources confirmed to Vanguard that after despatching detectives to Lagos to investigate the claim, the Police was unable to establish a case of rape against the musician,
According to a letter to the IGP dated July 17, 2020, sent by her lawyer, Olamide Omileye, Seyitan she was withdrawing from the case for personal reasons.
The letter to the IGP said,
“We hereby officially notify you of our client’s intention to withdraw and discontinue her petition against Mr Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo aka D’Banj for personal reasons.
“Our client further humbly applies that the investigation and all other action that is currently being carried out by the police with respect to the statement.”
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Admin) at Force Criminal Investigations Department, Umar Sanda, said the investigation into the allegation hs discontinued due to lack of evidence.
His response said,
“In view of the foregoing facts, the investigation was discontinued as no substantial evidence to prove the allegation of rape against the suspect.”
Recall that Seyitan had accused D’Banj of raping her in a Lagos in December 2018, an allegation which D’Banja has denied severally.
The post Police clear D’Banj of rape charge, as Seyitan withdraws petition for ‘personal reasons’ appeared first on Vanguard News.
Source: Vanguard News
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- #bbnaija2020: Dorathy Becomes First Female Housemate To do this
- Ondo 2020: Mass Defection Looms In PDP As Aggrieved Leaders Meet Akeredolu
- More Revelations Why Dogara Dumps PDP For APC
- Betta Edu Gets Federal Government Award
- BREAKING: 601 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated To Communities
Share this post with your Friends on