The All Progressives Congress in Edo State has rejected the result of the September 19, 2020 governorship election which saw Godwin Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party as the winner.
The party alleged foul play but called on party members to stay calm, while the leaders study the result and decide what is next.
This was contained in a statement by the Chairman of the APC Media Campaign Council, John Mayaki, on Sunday. The party rejected the result, citing alleged strong arm tactics.
Our people were arbitrarily arrested, many of the figures were fabricated,” said the terse statement, which the party described as only a preliminary reaction.
It further alleged illicit tampering with results to shore up the Peoples Democratic Party numbers and mark down APC’s.
It said: “Areas where we won, they cancelled them. They decreased the votes in areas we had advantage,” the party further claimed. “They rejected our results and jerked up theirs.”
Meanwhile, the party also claimed there was arbitrary arrest of local party members, who could have resisted the outrage, while Governor Godwin Obaseki was busy diverting attention with false alarm.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021