The confusion over who takes the chairmanship position of the Cross River State People’s Democratic Party (PDP) persisted as the Port Harcourt Federal High Court on Monday, October 19th, 2020 voided the alleged disqualification of Vena Ikem for the position of Cross River state PDP Chairman, weetalknaija.com.ng can authoritatively report.
Weetalknaija.com.ng gathered that, the leading contender, Vena was allegedly disqualified on grounds that the period between the time he returned to the party had not met the conditional requirements and was supposed to have been given a waiver.
A development that saw his contender, Alphonsus Eba celebrated that he was the sole candidate for the state chairmanship position.
Vena sought legal redress and the process was stalled by litigation.
Vena however, took to his verified Facebook handle to sate that “The Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt declares the purported disqualification of my humble self from contesting the Chairmanship of the party unconstitutional!
“That I am a bona fide member of the Pdp Crs Chapter and the requirement of waiver doesn’t apply to me!
“Congratulations to all Democrats who still believe in due process.
“Congratulations to TeamAuthentic for your faith!
“Congratulations especially to all our NASS Assembly members and leaders who still believe that the system can still work according to the rules.
“Cross River State state owes you a lot more than words can express.
“Congratulations to Gov. Ayade, who is teaching us to fight where we threaded too softly before. Our best will come out in the process..
“Long live Cross River State.
“Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021