The convoy of Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno state, was attacked at Baga, a town in the state, on Wednesday.
A security source told TheCable that the governor was on his way to some internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in the northern part of Borno when the incident happened.
“The governor went to Kukawa, and on his way to Baga his convoy was attacked. Nobody was injured,” the source said.
It is unclear if Boko Haram insurgents are behind the attack.
More to follow…
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation