The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has said he cannot do anything to bring the 14 Edo All Progressives Congress lawmakers back to the assembly for inauguration.
He spoke on Monday during a ‘Thank You’ visit to the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He said, “We have a dissident group that people elected and refused to be inaugurated, they were not prevented. They were listening to their godfather who kept hoping and promising that he would unconstitutionally get the state House of Assembly to reissue a proclamation even after the court had settled the matter.
“For more than 180 days they did not come. They refused to represent the people. Those seats became vacant; that’s what the constitution says. They went to court after those were declared vacant by the Speaker. There is nothing I can do that at this time. I wish it didn’t happen but people were playing god and promising what is not constitutional.
“I’m not one that plant people into the house of assembly, they on their own operated the rules the way it should be, the seats are now vacant.
“Even if I wanted today to bring them back, I don’t have such powers.”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022