The Nigeria Immigration Service has said the country’s new passport will adopt tough security features that will help to fight crimes.
The Comptroller General, NIS, Muhammad Babandede, stated this on Monday while inspecting projects at Ikoyi Passport Office, ahead of the roll-out of the new passport in Lagos on Tuesday (today).
Babandede said the new passport would have 22 security features, adding that it was part of measures to discourage criminal intentions.
He said the era of multiple identities had ended as the new passport would be integrated with the National Identification Number and Biometric Verification Number.
According to him, Nigerians with dubious intentions will now find it difficult to obtain the new 10-year validity passport with the new features.
“Nigerians are meant to harmonise their identity and not travel out and start seeking change of name or identity for any frivolous reason that comes to mind. The new passport will harmonize one identity for Nigerians and this will help our social development, economic development and above all, it will be difficult to change the data now,” he added.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution