The Executive chairman of Ikom Local Government Council, Hon. Kingsley N. Egumi and his Obubra counterpart, Hon. Dr. Bassey Agara Tom have been able to employ dialogue to resolve the unfolding conflict between the warring communities of Ikom and Obubra respectively and reengineered peaceful coexistence. The process which was community led saw the once disagreeing communities restituting and letting go the past.
They further agreed, not to allow visitors be the reason for any differences and pledged to attach value to both security of lives and livelihood opportunities which was the root cause of their differences. The chairmen sued the communities to embrace peace as a panacea for development.
They were encouraged to forgive themselves, dust the pains, swallow their pride and chart a new course for integration. The clan head of Nselle community said his people are peace loving and believe in existing and living for others. He encouraged his Obubra brothers to accept the leaf branch extended to them in the interest of a shared future.
Peace is priceless and on this background a 14 man committee has been set up to find a lasting solution to the prolonged crisis between the people of Ejah in Obubra and their neighbours in Nta Nselle in Ikom LGA of Cross River state and present a report in two weeks.
This resolution was reached today 1st July, 2020 after the Ikom Council Boss Honourable Kingsley Egumi, his Obubra counterpart Hon. Tom Bassey and their security chiefs as well as the two affected communities counsellors met with the elders and stakeholders of the two communities in dispute.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020