The FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, has ordered a discreet investigation of the death of Ifeoma Abugu, a female graduate, allegedly sexually assaulted and murdered by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, FCT Command, on September 10, 2020.
The spokesman for the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, disclosed this in a statement, saying the CP has ordered a post-mortem on the corpse of the graduate of the Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu to establish the cause of her death.
“While sympathising with the family and friends of the deceased, the command wants to assure the public that it will be professional and transparent in the investigation,” Manzah said.
Three policemen had reportedly stormed the residence of Ifeoma’s fiancé, Afam Ugwunwa, in the Lokogoma area of Abuja to arrest him, but when they did not find him, they took Ifeoma away.
The deceased was said to have just concluded her National Youth Service Corps mandatory service, and killed four days after she had her ‘introduction’ with Ugwunwa in Enugu State, one of her brothers, called Alex later told the Punch.
He said, “I was in Lagos when one of my junior brothers called me that he learnt that SARS arrested our sister and she died in detention.
“I just came to Abuja today (Sunday) and I have asked some of my uncles, who have been to the police station, and they said that the policemen alleged that they met my sister unconscious on the bed and they carried her to hospital, where she died.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021