The Winner of the Face of Bakor Nation Beauty Pageant 2019/2020, HRM Queen Joseph Menku Immaculata has called on Cross Riverians to continue to intensify efforts in the fight against the negative practice of Female Genital mutilation in the state as such practice is not healthy to the well-being of the girl child. The beauty Queen who spoke passionately about the practice, described the act as despicable and ugly development in any society.
See Photos Below:
The graduate of Public Administration from the University of Calabar, made this statement during her birthday celebration in Calabar amidst COVID 19 Lock down. Immaculata who also said that the pageant has given her the desired advantage to ensure that she sensitize and educate the sons and daughters of Bakor against such negative practices as well as contribute more values to the society.
According to the Queen, in a statement made available by her Manager and founder of Face of Bakor, Mr. Kingsley Agbor, the Queen said:
“I am Joseph Immaculata Menku (HRM FACE OF BAKOR 2019/2020).
I am a native of Nnam clan, Alok village in Ikom LGA in Cross River State, a graduate of Public Administration, University of Calabar, Calabar.
God fearing, intelligent and honest.
The Queen revealed that growing up as a child, pageantry has always been her passion, as it is seen as a medium of highlighting and encouraging people to pay attention to the areas of life that need serious attention such as promoting the rich cultural heritage of the great Bakor nation.
“Culture is our pride and our heritage, and I urge Cross Riverians to do away with Female Genital Mutilation as it is a negative traditional practice with dire consequences. And face of bakor is no doubt one of the most engaging means of achieving the required improvement in this area of concern”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022