The House of Representatives has voted against a prayer seeking to recommend castration for rapists.
The House, at the plenary on Thursday, considered and adopted a motion on the rising cases of sexual violence in Nigeria.
A member, Mr James Faleke, had recommended that persons found guilty of rape should be castrated, i.e having their testicles removed.
Just before the prayer was subjected to a voice vote, the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, however, asked what would happen to an older female who rapes a younger male.
The comment generated noise in the chamber.
Putting the prayer to vote, the nays had it.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company