E DON HAPPEN!! Another Corruption Scandal Rocks North East Development Commission, N100Billion Disappears
The house of representatives says it will probe the North-East Development Commission (NEDC) over the alleged mismanagement of N100 billion.The resolution of the house was sequel to a motion sponsored by Ndudi Elumelu, minority leader of the house, on Thursday.
The commission was established in 2017to reconstruct states affected by insurgency in the north-east.While moving his motion, Elumelu said the N100 billion given to the commission by the federal government has “vanished” with nothing to show for itThe Delta lawmaker accused Mohammed Goni Alkali, commission’s managing director, of awarding non-existent contracts.
“The N100 billion so far disbursed to the commission by the federal government is said to have vanished under a year without any visible impact on the refugees nor any infrastructural development credited to the name of the commission in the whole of the north-east,” Alkali said.
“The corrupt practices include high handedness by the managing director, Mohammed Goni Alkali, over inflation of contracts, awards of non existent contracts, massive contract splitting and flagrant disregard for the procurement laws in the award of contracts.
“There are allegations of how the minister of humanitarian affairs and disaster management, Sadiya Farouk, was said to have entered into an unholy deal with the managing director of the commission to illegally withdraw money for the purchase military vehicles without any recourse to the board.
“The act, which completely disregards thecountry’s procurement laws, must be seriously frowned at.
”The house adopted the motion after it was put to a voice vote by Femi Gbajabiamila, speaker of the house.The motion was referred to the house committees on finance, procurement and NEDC. The report on the probe is expected to be turned in after eight weeks.
The development is coming days after the house concluded its investigation on the alleged mismanagement of N81.5 billion by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).The report on the NDDC probe is yet to be laid at the plenary of the lower legislative chamber.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- #bbnaija2020: Dorathy Becomes First Female Housemate To do this
- Ondo 2020: Mass Defection Looms In PDP As Aggrieved Leaders Meet Akeredolu
- More Revelations Why Dogara Dumps PDP For APC
- Betta Edu Gets Federal Government Award
- BREAKING: 601 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated To Communities
Share this post with your Friends on