The Independent National Electoral Commission has presented a certificate of return to Governor Godwin Obaseki, winner of the just concluded Edo State governorship election.
INEC returning officer declared Godwin Obaseki winner of the governorship election on Sunday having satisfied the requirement of the law and scoared the highest number of votes.
INEC presented the certificate to Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu, on Tuesday.
Obaseki polled 307,955 votes across the 18 local government areas of the state to defeat All Progressives Congress candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who scored 223,619 votes.
The APC conceded defeat at the poll and congratulated Obaseki following a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, describing the outcome of the election as a victory for democracy.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group