JUST IN!! Crisis Hits APC Very Hard As Hilliard Eta Emerges New Acting National Chairman
The last is yet to be heard of the crisis rocking the All progressives Congress (APC) as 15 members of the national working committee (NWC) of the party have appointed Hilliard Eta as acting national chairman of the party.
Eta, who is the APC’s National Vice-Chairman South-South, at a press conference at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja, explained that his appointment was in tandem with the constitution of the party.
The Cross Rivers state born chieftain of the party acknowledged that Senator Abiola Ajimobi who ought to have taken the place of the suspended chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole was unavoidably absent for now to oversee the affairs of the party.
Eta was flanked by 10 NWC members and declared that the seat of the Deputy national secretary of the party occupied by Victor Giadom as vacant on the basis that he had since resigned his membership of the NWC prior to the 2019 general elections to contest elections in Rivers state.
He thereby asked the chieftains of the party from the South-South geopolitical zone to close ranks and nominate whoever will replace Giadom in the NWC.
He declared that Giadom claim to the position of the acting national chairman of the party remains a nullity because he had resigned his membership of the NWC before now.
Eta thereby maintained that the disqualification of Governor Godwin Obaseki from contesting the Edo state governorship primaries remains irreversible since it has been sealed and ratified by the NWC of the party.
“Giadom must be in a fantasy land to create this kind of scenario. If he was still a very young man, I would have advised him to enrol into the military where he could go-ahead to do a coup and become a sole administrator. But we are in a democracy and in a progressive party like the APC where the rule of law is held in high esteem,” Eta said.
Eta thereby appointed a seven-member headed by Governor Hope Uzordinma of Imo state with Senator Abimbola Bashir as secretary of the Edo State governorship primaries billed to hold on the 22nd of this month.
Among the 15 NWC members in attendance was the national publicity secretary of the party, Lanre Issa-Onilu, the national treasurer, Adamu Fanda, the National women leader, Hajia Salamatu Baiwa, and national organising secretary, Emmanuel Ibediro
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Cyber Criminals: Saraki Fires Back At APC
- INTERVIEW: Things Worse For The North Now, Buhari Has Failed Us ― Shariff
- Drama As Hope Uzodinma, Yahaya Bello Campaign Against Obaseki Despite Owing Salaries
- Buhari And His Party, APC Overburdening Poor Nigerians With Taxes — PDP Cries Out
- BREAKING!! Edo APC And National Caretaker Committee Clash Over List Of Edo Guber Campaign Council
Share this post with your Friends on