After about five weeks of break as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the House of Representatives is set to resume plenary on Tuesday.
ABN TV gathered the leadership of the House decided to resume to consider the review of the 2020 budget as requested by the President and other emergency requests.
Weetalknaija Blog also gathered that an official statement regarding the resumption will be made public on Monday by the leadership of the House.
The Lower Chambers went on break on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 to allow members go to their constituencies to educate their constituents on the COVID-19 pandemic. Sources close to the leadership confirmed told The Nation on the resumption “you cannot quote me. There will be an official statement to that effect from the leadership”. Spokesman of the House could not be reached for comment as at the time of this report.
But in a notice to members, the Clerk to the House of Representatives, Patrick Giwa said: ” This is to inform all Members of the House of Representatives that the House will now resume Plenary Session on Tuesday, April 28, 2020, at 10.00 am.
“Members are advised to take note of the new date of resumption, please. “The Covid-19 Guidelines approved by the Federal Government and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and additional Guidelines developed by the House will be sent to members’ pigeon holes for collection on resumption. “Staff and members’ Aides are to work from home and be notified whe
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company