The minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, has named the National Assembly, NASS members involved in the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC contracts that were not executed but money accounted for.
Akpabio had on Monday, while appearing before the House Committee on the NDDC during an investigative hearing on the alleged illegal spending and mismanagement of funds, claimed that the commission awarded members of the National Assembly 60 percent of contracts.
However, the Niger Delta Affairs Minister did not provide the cost of the projects listed against the lawmakers’ names.
Below are the names of National Assembly Members on the NDDC’s Contracts’ List:
(1). Hon. Nicholas Mutu (former Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on the NDDC represents the Bomadi/Patani Federal Constituency of Delta State) – 74 projects (including various emergency road projects in Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers states).
(2). Sen. Peter Nwaoboshi (Chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs, (Delta-North) -53 projects (including emergency repairs of Asue Street, Owa Phase 2; ldumuogbe Road via Ojemaye; Otolokpo College Road, Otolokpo; and the Police lshu Ani Ukwu Road, Issele Uku.
(3). Senator Matthew Urhoghide (Edo-South) – 6 projects.
(4). Senator Samuel Anyanwu (Imo-West, 8th Senate) – 19 projects
(5). Senator James Manager (Delta-South) – 6 projects.
(6). Others were simply identified as Ondo and Edo Reps.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health