BREAKING!! President Buhari Dumps Oshiomhole, Affirms Ajimobi As Acting Chairman Of APC
The Muhammadu Buhari-led regime has affirmed Sen. Abiola Ajimobi as the acting National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), following his appointment by its National Working Committee (NWC).
The development followed Tuesday’s affirmation of the suspension of the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by the Court of Appeal in Abuja.
A tweet by Bashir Ahmad, Personal Assistant to the Ruler on New Media, on Tuesday night read:
“After the suspension of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole as the National Chairman of the @OfficialAPCNg by an FCT High Court, the Deputy National Chairman (South), Sen. Abiola Ajimobi is now acting National Chairman of the Party, a statement from the Party’s Headquarters has confirmed.”
Sen. Ajimobi was the party’s Deputy National Chairman for the southern region and is a former Governor of Oyo state.
The party in a late statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu said it has received the news indicating the Appeal Court has upheld the suspension of the Party’s National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by an FCT High Court pending the determination of the substantive suit.
The NWC said:
“Guided by advice from the Party’s legal department in line with the provisions of Section 14.2. (iii) of the Party’s constitution, the Deputy National Chairman (South), Sen. Abiola Ajimobi will serve as the Party’s Acting National Chairman.
According to Section 14.2. (iii),of the APC constitution, the Deputy National Chairman, North/South “Shall act as the National Chairman in the absence of the National Chairman from his zone”.
The Court of Appeal, earlier on Tuesday, had upheld the suspension of erstwhile National Chairman, Oshiomhole, by an Abuja High Court.
Ruling on the interlocutory appeal filed by Comrade Oshiomhole, the appellate court upheld the decision of the Federal Capital Territory High Court delivered by Justice Danlami Senchi which in March ordered the suspension of Oshiomhole as well as restraining him from parading himself as the National Chairman of the party.
After the suspension of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole as the National Chairman of the @OfficialAPCNg by an FCT High Court, the Deputy National Chairman (South), Sen. Abiola Ajimobi is now acting National Chairman of the Party.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! APC Screening Disqualifies Ondo Governor Over Anti-Party
- See Photos: This Is A Deeply Disturbing Post, Please Don’t Read If You Don’t Have A Strong Heart
- Heavy Rainfall: 28 States In Danger Of Flood, NEMA Warns
- Former NDDC Boss Recount Ordeal, Says Akpabio’s ‘Oath Of Secrecy’ Would Have Sent Her To Prison
- I Did Not Said Edo Boys Are Waiting For Uzodinma — Wike
Share this post with your Friends on