The National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said that he will speak on the party’s loss in the Edo governorship election at the right time.
We reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission had announced that PDP candidate, Governor Godwin Obaseki, polled 307,955 votes to defeat his closest rival and APC candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who got 223,619 votes.
INEC also on Tuesday presented certificates of return to the re-elected governor and his deputy, Philip Shaibu, at INEC office in Aduwawa, Benin City, the state capital.
Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Tinubu’s spokesperson, Tunde Rahman, said that his principal would speak “at the appropriate time”.
“Asiwaju has not spoken. At the appropriate time, he will speak on that election,” Rahman said.
President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC national body had since conceded defeat and congratulated Obaseki on his re-election.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group