The Niger State Police Command, on Saturday, confirmed the death of seven ladies from generator fumes at Rijau town, in Rijau Local Government Area of the state.
Mr Adamu Usman, the state Commissioner of Police, said in Minna, that one Alhaji Mohammed Bello, the district Head of Rijau reported the incident at Rijau, Divisional police office.
Usman said on July 31 about 08:15 hours, one Alhaji Mohammed Bello reported the discovery of seven bodies inside Afrash Beauty Saloon located along Bawa Rijau road.
”Preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with generator on inside the shop.
“We have successfully removed the seven corpses to General Hospital, Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation,” Usman said.
The Commissioner of Police advised residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators to avoid unnecessary loss of lives and property.
- Zonal Manager at the Edo State Internal Revenue Service (EIRS)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Population Services International ( PSI )
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Job Vacancies at Zenith Insurance Careers
- Massive Oil and Gas Job Vacancies in Nigeria for Graduates and Experience.