The northern elders have rejected the proposed “Operation Crocodile Smile” by the Nigerian Army, noting that insecurity and hunger were reasons behind the continuous protests by #EndSARS campaigners in the country, weetalknaija.com.ng report.
While protesting against killings, intimidation and harassment of protesters by men of the Nigeria police, the elders under the aegis of the Coalition of Northern Elders for Peace and Development, called on the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, to “urgently arrest the erring police officers and hoodlums responsible for the attacks.”
These observations were contained in a communiqué issued on Saturday evening after the expanded meeting of CNEEPD held in Abuja.
The communiqué was signed by Zana Goni, North East; Dr Mohammed Suleman, North West; and Prof Ofa Afolabi; North Central.
The CNEEPD said that the best way possible for the President to restore public confidence in security agencies was, “the immediate restructuring beginning with the sack of the service chiefs.”
The 12-point communiqué reads in part, “We support in totality the continuous peaceful protests by Nigerians across the country over police brutality and call on the protesters to remain focused and peaceful.
We condemn the persistent insecurity in Nigeria particularly in the North, despite the huge investments so far running into trillions of naira to the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
We call for an independent forensic investigation into the expenditure of the Armed Force from December 2015 till date.
We call on Mr. President to immediately sack the current service chiefs and restructure the entire security architecture of Nigeria.”
- BREAKING!! Sanwo-Olu Lifts Curfew In Lagos
- BREAKING! Biafra And Ambazonia Meet, Signs State Treaty In Germany
- HOT!! Donald Trump Reacts As U.S Military Storm Nigeria Forest, Rescue American Held On Hostage
- If I Had My Way, I Will Order Ayade To Step Aside To Learn How Administrations Are Actually Done — Obong of Calabar
- Some Poor Nigerians Have Returned Their Loot, I Wish The Ruling Class Can Reciprocate And Return Their Own Loot Too — Agba Jalingo
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM Recruitment 2020 /2021 ) Massive Recruitment https://tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng/
- Current Job Vacancies in Abuja at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc ( 4 Positions )
- British American Tobacco 2020 Recruitment for a Graduate Warehouse Assistant
- African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) 2020 / 2021 Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP)
- Job Recruitment at Lagos Business School ( 3 Positions )