The Obong of Calabar, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu V, has called for an interim government in Cross River State.
This follows the breakdown of law and order in the State, which has led to vandalisation and arson of both private and government properties.
Otu, speaking during a courtesy visit by the immediate past Governor of the State, Liyel Imoke, asked the incumbent Ben Ayade to “wait” and “start learning how administration is actually done”.
I have been watching and I am so unhappy that the peace and calm we used to have here is taken away. Why? Because we have failed. Who has failed? The politicians have failed. There is a need to change.
“And if I had my way, I would have said this governor should wait. Let’s set up an interim administration, so that he can start learning and looking at how administration is actually done. We don’t allow people to come in and do anything the way they like. No, there is a principle; there is a policy that should be adhered to.
“There has to be a change of attitude. Everyone should have access to the governor, and he should listen. And now that we have a professor in the administration, we expected the best.
“People should be able to go and give the governor ideas and advice, and if he doesn’t like the ideas, he can throw them away.
“The Governor is the Chief Security officer. He should be holding security meetings regularly. This thing would not have happened, if he had called the security people together after hearing what happened in Lagos and other places. Dailypost
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution