The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, caucus in the House of Representatives have threatened to initiate impeachment proceedings against President Muhammadu Buhari.
Leader of the caucus, Kingsley Chinda warned that impeachment proceedings would be initiated against Buhari if the federal government fails to stop the “calculated blackmail” against the National Assembly and the insecurity in the country.
In a statement he issued, Chinda gave a four-week ultimatum to the Executive “to provide security to Nigerians and commence proper cleaning of the embarrassing and notorious corruption cases at the EFCC and NDDC.”
Failure to meet their demands, Chinda said: “We shall revert to the relevant sections of the constitution and commence impeachment proceedings in the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians.”
He explained that the impeachment process would be initiated due to the behaviours of appointees of the executive arm who continue to show disrespect for the constitution.”
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company