BREAKING: Senate Changes Nigeria Police Name, Passes Bill To Make Tenure of IGP Single 4-Year Tenure
… Changes Name from Nigeria Police to Nigeria Police Force.
THE Senate on Tuesday passed a bill that will make the tenure of office of the Inspector-General of Police by a single four-year term.
According to the Senate, the action became imperative to enable for a secured tenure of
a serving Inspector- General of Police, just as it passed that the community policing be strengthened.
The Senate has changed the name of “Nigeria Police” to Nigeria Police Force” as presently in use in view of the failed constitution alteration attempt to amend the name.
The Bill which was read the third time and passed, was a sequel to the consideration of the report on Police ACT CAP P19 LFN 2004( Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill, 2020( SB.181) presented by the Chairman, Senate Committee on Police Affairs, Senator Dauda Haliru Jika, APC, Bauchi Central.
The Upper Chamber has also approved that on the Appointment and Removal of the Inspector-General of Police, the provisions of the constitution in line with Section 2l5 of the l999 constitution (as amended) should be retained, as any proposal contrary to this provision will require constitution alteration for it to be viable.
The Senate resolved that the Police abide and enforce certain constitutional provisions, particularly fundamental rights at persons in Police custody under chapter 4 of the l999 constitution (as amended) and other international instruments on Human rights to which Nigeria is a signatory (including of provisions that reiterate the importance of fundamental human rights and advocating for their observance).
The Senate also passed that it should be made binding on the inspector-General of Police to adhere to policing plans. The national policing plan should be made with inputs from the Police Force Headquarters and all the various Police formations nationwide before the end of each financial year, setting out priorities, objectives, cost implications and expected outcomes of Policing for the next succeeding fiscal year in order to change budgeting from a top-down approach to a bottom-up approach.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- My Experience When I Visited A Hospital Amid COVID-19 Pandemic — Ubi Franklin Reveals
- OH NO!! 25-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Dumped Him For Another Man
- HELLO GUYS!! If You Don’t Stop Doing These 9 Terrible Things, Your Woman Will Cheat On You (Especially No. 1,3 & 7)
- #bbnaija2020: Dorathy Becomes First Female Housemate To do this
- Ondo 2020: Mass Defection Looms In PDP As Aggrieved Leaders Meet Akeredolu
Share this post with your Friends on