The total cost which approximately sums up to N2.3billion have gathered a lot of reactions from Nigerians.
Revelations have started to emerge following the Federal Government approval of forensic auditing of the financial records and contracts executed by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) over the years.
There has been a public outcry for the government to carry out an investigation into the awards of contract and the activities of those responsible in handling the affair of the agency.
Since the creation of the Niger Delta commission in 2000, there have been no auditing of the financial records of the government agency.
On Monday, the House began its investigation and probe into the alleged financial misappropriation in the NDDC which saw the acting MD of the government agency, Dr. Pondei fainting during the session.
Among the shocking discovery is that in 2018, the commission awarded a contract to construct the Elebele pedestrian bridge at Ogbia local government in Bayelsa state.
The Elebele bridge contract was awarded for N2.3 Billion naira and was completed and commissioned in 2020.
Check out the photo of the said bridge below:
- Landmark University Recruitment 2021 & Jobs Vacancies (5 Positions)
- Management Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Graduate Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360