There is an alleged plot to frustrate the probe of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the ongoing investigation of its suspended chairman, Ibrahim Magu, after some unknown people broke into the office of the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) and destroyed computers, This Day reports.
The NFIU office which is inside the Aso Rock Presidential Villa was burgled and at least seven computers containing sensitive financial information were taken away and others badly damaged.
The attack is believed to have happened overnight and was discovered Friday morning.
Some NFIU officials on Thursday appeared before the Justice Ayo Salami’s panel, which is investigating allegations against Magu.
It is understood they told the panel that by operational protocols, they don’t go about with sensitive documents. The officials then advised members of the panel to visit their office Friday morning, to sight the documents requested for.
However, before the panel members got to NFIU office in the morning, the room where the documents were kept in computers was broken into.
NFIU was only recently severed and is the agency that investigated all the allegations of financial malfeasance against Magu.
Following the incident, the Director-General of NFIU, Mr. Modibbo Hamman-Tukur, met with President Muhammadu Buhari to report the incident, a situation sources said, resulted in the president’s decision to approve Magu’s suspension.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company