Senator Shehu Sani, a former lawmaker representing Kaduna Central at the National Assembly, has reacted to Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN’s latest policy to attach charges to cash deposits or withdrawals made by customers.
The objective of the “transaction fees” is to give vent to the Central Bank’s policy designed to reduce cash in use.
CBN Payments System Management Department Director, Sam Okojere on Tuesday announced the take-off of the charges in a statement.
However, reacting via Twitter, Sani described the new policy as corporate extortion.
He wrote: “The new directives to Banks amounts to selective corporate extortion.”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022