Controversial former University of Calabar Lecturer, Mr. Joseph Odok has been remanded in prison by an Abuja Magistrate Court for threat to life.
A source familiar with the development said that, Mr. Odok who is living with his wife in Lugbe, an outskirt of Abuja was dragged to court for allegedly threatening the life of his wife’s Boss.
The wife, Cecilia works with an unnamed corporative in the University of Abuja. Odok was said to have called the head of the corporative to threaten him for allegedly keeping his wife late at work.
The wife’s Boss, offended by the development, reported the issue to the Police and Odok was arrested yesterday but released on bail. Today, when the matter was charged to Court, Odok was granted bail but was unable to meet the bail conditions.
According to the source, some of the bail conditions includes bringing a surety of not less than level 12 with landed properties in Abuja to sign for his release. Odok, failing to meet the bail condition was remanded in prison.
Several attempts to reach Odok on phone to confirm the incident was abortive as his phone was switched off at the time of filing this report.
Recall that Odok, a former Lecturer in the department of Philosophy, Unical was sacked for officila gross misconduct and other related offences and has since then remained unemployed.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company